FAILING TO CHANGE FLUIDS
Here are the 5 fluids that need to be changed in your car:
- Engine Oil-recommended that you check your oil every time you get gas, most modern cars though say once a month. Depending on car, manufacturer and year change oil every 3,000 miles or every 6 months.
- Transmission Oil-check monthly, typically change between every 50,000 to 100,00 miles but it does vary from car to car and depends on transmission type.
- Coolant-check twice yearly: before summer & before winter, replace every 2-3 years, again depending on how hard you drive your car and where.
- Power Steering Fluid-Check once a month, replace between 50,000 miles or never most car manual recommend keeping the power steering fluid levels topped off.
- Brake Fluid-Check every time you change your oil, replace about every 2 years, or as needed in your driving conditions.