While we may enjoy the hot temperatures we need to remember that high temperatures can take a toll on car fluids, leading to a breakdown and possibly a major repair. Conduct a fluid check now, and you may avoid problems that leave you stranded miles away from the beach later. Here are the five essential fluids to check in the summertime:
- Coolant. This is known as your antifreeze or radiator fluid—keeps your engine from overheating and freezing plus it protects the aluminum engine parts. If cloudy or rusty please let us know so we can flush and replace.
- Motor Oil. Always check with your owner’s manual but take into account if you are a hard or tough driver or it’s extremely hot make sure you top off as needed keeping an eye on what color it is.
- Brake Fluid. This is a sealed system, check the brake fluid reservoir to verify the right level, fluid decreases as the pads wear, but make sure that you don’t have any leaks.
- Car Battery. You can’t check the levels but you can and should check for corrosion build-up on terminals, You can remove this by making a solution of water and baking soda using a toothbrush to scrub. Battery life is about 3-5 years, replace when it’s nearing the end of it’s cycle
- Washer Fluid. I know you won’t break down if this is out, but isn’t it nice when driving on dirt roads to be able to clean your windshields then and now?
As always we are more than ready to take care of any and all of your needs.
#Summer #fluids #maintenance