Not following a service schedule. Because many car parts and components wear out or become damaged over time, vehicles need to be routinely serviced in order to perform optimally. Routine inspections and timely repairs will help keep your car running efficiently and will help you avoid more expensive repairs down the road.
The Key to keeping vehicles running well-today and down the road-is rountine maintenance.
- 25% of cars had low or dirty engine oil
- 13%had low or contaminated brake fluid
- 18% had dirty air filters
- 17% had inadequate cooling protection or low coolant levels
- 16% needed new windshield wiper and 27% had low or contaminated washer fluid
- 18% needed new belts
Overall, 89% of vehicles were in need of a least one service or repair.