PLEASE DON’T TRY TO BE IN HURRY IN THIS WEATHER, that’s about the best travel advice I can give you.
“What to do and not do when you are in a car accident?”
If you are our driving today and tonight please be careful, there is a sheet of ice here and there on the road. So, even being careful you hit someone or someone hits you. “What Should you do?”
- You should never drive away from the scene of the accident. Do drive it if you still can to the side of the road, if you can’t leave it for the tow truck. If you have flares use them (don’t do anything if you are hurt, wait for police or ambulance.).
- If you think someone needs medical help call 911.
- Call the Police, they can help with traffic, collect evidence, talk to witnesses, and file a report.
- If able take notes: draw map of accident scene, write down vehicle and property damage, get insurance information.—This maybe hard to do because if in an accident you are pretty shook-up, take a breath try and relax.
- Take pictures or a video, helps with insurance.
- Get names and numbers from people in other car and the witnesses.
- When in safe place or after medical help, call insurance company to file a claim.
- You can get your car towed to Ricks Auto Service here in Mishawaka, IN.
- Keep a file going, keep all your receipts and include them in the file.
- Within a day or so contact your local DMV office…let them know you were in an accident. This is required by law by most state laws.
#Accident #safetyfirst #driving #Maintenance