What is a Brake Caliper?
The Brake Caliper is critical to slowing and stopping your Vehicle. The Brake Caliper plays a major role with your Disc Brake system. It supports the Brake Caliper and using the Brake Pistons exerts friction on the Brake Rotor. It squeezes the Brake Pads against the Brake Rotor stopping the Vehicle. The Brake Calipers does not need replacing as often as the Brake Pads or Brake Rotors.
That being said if you are driving with Brake Pads that are worn out or your Rotors are warped damage to the Brake Calipers happens. Some symptoms of bad Brake Calipers are:
- Your Brake Fluid is leaking -Calipers are failing or going bad
- Your warning light will go on.
- Your Brake Pads are wearing unevenly.
- Your Vehicle is pulling to the right or the left.
- When braking abnormal sounds.
- When driving if the Brakes feel like they are engaged you may have dirty Calipers. Which might cause them to stick
If you are experiencing all or any of the above signs, bring your Vehicle to Ricks Auto Service here in Mishawaka for a free Brake Inspection.